Top Ten Tuesday is a feature created and hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week the topic is:
Ten Books I Loved Less Than I Thought I Would
I tend to have unpopular opinions when it comes to books that everyone else loves.
So you might be surprised by some of these.
1. Trial by Fire (Worldwalker, #1) by Josephine Angelini
I enjoyed the Starcrossed series, so when I heard that Josephine Angelini had written a book about witches, I couldn't wait to read it.
Unfortunately, I just couldn't get into it :/
2. And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1) by Kiersten White
The premise for And I Darken really intrigued me but I got bored and didn't like the romance.
3. Talon (Talon, #1) by Julie Kagawa
But . . . the love triangle and plot ruined it for me.
4. While I Live (The Ellie Chronicles, #1) by John Marsden
I loved the Tomorrow When the War Began books so when I heard there was another series with Ellie, the main character, I was really excited.
But . . . I just couldn't get into this at all.
It was so disappointing :(
5. Teardrop (Teardrop, #1) by Lauren Kate
Another book where the blurb sounded interesting but then the book fell short.
6. Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. Maas
This one was a big disappointment.
I liked it overall but I expected to like it way more.
I enjoyed Crown of Midnight more but then Heir of Fire happened.
I found it sooo boring and then another love interest was introduced *sigh*
7. Black Ice by Becca Fitzpatrick
I'm a fan of the Hush, Hush books (they're a guilty pleasure) so I was excited to read another book by Becca Fitzpatrick but I found the protagonist really annoying.
8. Frozen (Heart of Dread, #1) by Melissa de la Cruz and Michael Johnston
A blackjack dealer as the main character?!
Unfortunately, I just couldn't get into this and found it predictable at times.
9. Take Back the Skies (Tellus, #1) by Lucy Saxon
I found this predictable and some things happened way too easily.
10. Tonight the Streets Are Ours by Leila Sales
I enjoyed This Song Will Save Your Life so I was interested to read Tonight the Streets Are Ours.
But the plot and characters were meh and the pacing was slow :/
What books did you think you would enjoy more?
Were there any you enjoyed less than you thought?