Thursday 6 February 2014

Review - Death of the Body (Crossing Death, #1) by Rick Chiantaretto


Title: Death of the Body (Crossing Death, #1)
Author: Rick Chiantaretto
Pages: 398
Publisher: Orenda Press
Release date: 12th December 2013
Genre: New Adult Urban Fantasy


Blurb from Goodreads: 

I grew up in a world of magic. By the time I was ten I understood nature, talked to the trees, and listened to the wind. When the kingdom of men conquered my town, I was murdered by one of my own—the betrayer of my kind. But I didn't stay dead.

I woke to find myself in a strange new world called Los Angeles. The only keys to the life I remembered were my father’s ring, my unique abilities, and the onslaught of demons that seemed hell-bent on finding me. Now I must find out who I really am, protect my friends, and get back to my beloved hometown of Orenda.
 






My Review:
 
*I received a copy of this book in exchange of an honest review. Thanks to Mark My Words book publicity and Rick Chiantaretto*

2.5/5 stars

Edmund grew up in Orenda a land of magic. One day he returned home to find that his town had been taken over by men thanks to the betrayal of one of the Elders. 
Edmund is murdered and wakes up in a new place – Los Angeles. Tracked by demons, Edmund must find a way to save his friends and return home.

I liked the first part of this book – the world of Orenda was intriguing and I read with interest as Edmund discovered that his home town had been invaded. 
However, as the story progressed and Edmund awoke on Earth I found myself losing interest and towards the end I didn’t care what happened.
Overall a good start but the storyline petered off and failed to continue to engage me.


No comments :

Post a Comment