Tuesday 14 October 2014

Review - Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2) by Sarah J. Maas



Title: Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2)
Author: Sarah J. Maas
Pages: 418
Publisher: Bloomsbury Childrens
Release date: 15th August 2013

Blurb from Goodreads:

Crowned by Evil.
Bound by Duty.
Divided by Love.


Celaena Sardothien, royal assassin, is the King of Adarlan's deadliest weapon. She must win her freedom through his enemies' blood - but she cannot bear to kill for the crown. And every death Celaena fakes, every lie she tells, put those she loves at risk.

Torn between her two protectors - a captain and a prince - and battling a dark force far greater than the king, Celaena must decide what she will fight for: her liberty, her heart or the fate of a kingdom...








My Review: 

*I own a copy of this book*


3.5/5 stars


After my disappointment with Throne of Glass I was tentatively hoping that Crown of Midnight would be better.

For the first three quarters I was feeling like this:

   
But then the pace and plot suddenly exploded and my rating for this book went from a barely 3 to the 4 side of 3.5. I couldn't put it down and while the 'surprises' weren't as impactful as the author probably planned I enjoyed this overall. 


Celaena was a lot more kick-ass in this one (finally) and I found the romance quite predictable but it didn't annoy me as much as it did in the first book.


I'm still disappointed that I'm not enjoying the series as much as I'd hoped or as much as everyone else seems to but I'm planning to continue with the series.



No comments :

Post a Comment