Friday 27 January 2017

My Ultimate Panels




I recently heard about this idea from the events and ticketing company Eventbrite to come up with my dream panel of authors I'd love to see at a book conference.  I love anything bookish so I jumped to do it.

Eventbrite have a conference management page that would be handy for organising panels.




I've been lucky enough to attend some panels at YALC with some of my favourite authors.

But what are my dream panels?

The list could go on and on so I've cut my list down to three panels...




 
Who would be on the World Building Panel?

 Jasper Fforde, Samantha Shannon and Garth Nix, Chris Wooding and J.K. Rowling.

 These are some of my favourite authors and they have all created amazing, detailed, intricate worlds. I would LOVE to hear how the authors all thought up the worlds they created.









 There could be sooo many characters on this panel but I've limited it to the following...


Finnick (from The Hunger Games Trilogy). He's so charming.

Gandalf (from The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings). He's awesome.

Hermione (from the Harry Potter books). She's amazing and I would love to be friends with her.

Kamala Khan aka. Ms Marvel. I LOVE Kamala. She's funny and again another character I would LOVE to be friends with.

Captain Darian Frey (from the Ketty Jay books by Chris Wooding). He's a smuggler and can handle himself in a fight.

Victor Vale (from Vicious by V.E. Schwab). He's a bit scary but very clever.









Fantasy is one of my favourite genres and again there could be sooo many authors on this panel but these are my favourite fantasy authors...
J.R.R. Tolkien, George R.R. Martin and V.E. Schwab, Samantha Shannon and Christopher Paolini.


 The characters in fantasy are always so diverse and interesting as are the worlds.
I was lucky enough to attend a fantasy panel that Samantha Shannon and V.E. Schwab were part of at YALC last year. It was very interesting.





What panels would you love to see?



No comments :

Post a Comment