Tuesday 21 February 2017

Top Ten Tuesday - Ten Books I Loved Less Than I Thought I Would



Top Ten Tuesday is a feature created and hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.




This week the topic is:

Ten Books I Loved Less Than I Thought I Would 


 I tend to have unpopular opinions when it comes to books that everyone else loves.
So you might be surprised by some of these.




1. Trial by Fire (Worldwalker, #1) by Josephine Angelini



I enjoyed the Starcrossed series, so when I heard that Josephine Angelini had written a book about witches, I couldn't wait to read it.
Unfortunately, I just couldn't get into it :/






 2. And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1) by Kiersten White


 The premise for And I Darken really intrigued me but I got bored and didn't like the romance.




3. Talon (Talon, #1) by Julie Kagawa


 Dragons!
But . . . the love triangle and plot ruined it for me.







4. While I Live (The Ellie Chronicles, #1) by John Marsden


I loved the Tomorrow When the War Began books so when I heard there was another series with Ellie, the main character, I was really excited.
But . . .  I just couldn't get into this at all. 
It was so disappointing :(





5. Teardrop (Teardrop, #1) by Lauren Kate


 Another book where the blurb sounded interesting but then the book fell short.








6. Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. Maas


 This one was a big disappointment.
I liked it overall but I expected to like it way more.
I enjoyed Crown of Midnight more but then Heir of Fire happened.
I found it sooo boring and then another love interest was introduced *sigh*




 
7. Black Ice by Becca Fitzpatrick


I'm a fan of the Hush, Hush books (they're a guilty pleasure) so I was excited to read another book by Becca Fitzpatrick but I found the protagonist really annoying.





8. Frozen (Heart of Dread, #1) by Melissa de la Cruz and Michael Johnston


A blackjack dealer as the main character?!
Unfortunately, I just couldn't get into this and found it predictable at times.





9. Take Back the Skies (Tellus, #1) by Lucy Saxon



 I found this predictable and some things happened way too easily.





10. Tonight the Streets Are Ours by Leila Sales




 I enjoyed This Song Will Save Your Life so I was interested to read Tonight the Streets Are Ours.
But the plot and characters were meh and the pacing was slow :/





What books did you think you would enjoy more?
Were there any you enjoyed less than you thought?


No comments :

Post a Comment