Saturday 5 August 2017

YALC 2017 Recap

Last weekend I was lucky enough to go to YALC for the third year in a row! I went for all three days and I had so much fun  : )








Here's how my time at YALC went . . .


Friday: 

 Panels - Heroines, SFF Now and We Love Buffy.
Signings - Alwyn Hamilton, Samantha Shannon and Elizabeth May.










Saturday:

Panels - Who Runs The World?, Myth Magic and Fairy-Tale, Laini Taylor and The Books That Made Me.
Signings - Katherine Webber, V.E. Schwab and Lauren James.









Sunday:

Panels - Patrick Ness
Signings - Anna Day





I missed out on a few panels so that I could queue early for authors I knew would have long queues. It was totally worth it - some authors were signing for over three hours!




I also went down to the Comic Con floor on the Sunday and met Alan Tudyk. He shook my hand and was lovely. He signed my Firefly dictionary that I got signed by Sean Maher last year : )





I bought this lovely drawing of Princess Leia. It's gorgeous!






 Throughout the three days I got my hands on LOTS of goodies . . .







I also got my nails painted by Anderson Press who were promoting Things A Bright Girl Can Do by Sally Nicholls. By tweeting a picture with the hashtag #BrightThingsAGirlCanDo you could enter to win a proof copy. My sister won a copy (yep, totally jealous).





 I got to see the reveal for the third and final book in the Rebel of the Sands trilogy, Hero at the Fall.
It's GORGEOUS!






I didn't buy as many books as I thought I might and managed to get a few proofs. I missed out on Zenith though : (



 Geekerella is a hardback and came with a poster. It's so pretty!

Editing Emma was a bargain - I bought it on the Sunday afternoon when publishers had lowered their prices to get rid of stock. It was only £1!

Waterstones were selling early copies of The Loneliest Girl in the Universe and I grabbed one as soon as I could (they sold VERY quickly!). I can't wait to read it.





These are the books I got for free/from the book swap.



YALC was really fun and I got to see lots of celebs in passing (Benedict Cumberbatch walked through several times) and I definitely want to go next year, BUT I found some of the stalls a bit disappointing this year - some were smaller and there was a lot less choice at the freebie table this year. It was good to see some book box subscription stalls there though.



Did you go to YALC?
What was your favourite thing?



No comments :

Post a Comment